Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Life continued....

So let's see, what is new in my life?

Well, the heat nearly killed me. I felt so sick, and I passed out numerous times. Luckily, it rained this weekend and that cooled me down some. One night, Dan and I went for a walk in the rain in the park. It was amazing, and it made me feel so much better.

I went to the neurologist on Monday, and that wasn't a huge help. But seriously, why am I surprised? He did up my Lyrica though...I'm now on 225mg twice a day. I wonder if it will help? I feel like nothing ever does. I've been in so much pain lately and so tired. My knee has still been bothering me. I fell on it like 2 weeks ago, and it still bothers me alot. I don't know if I actually did some sort of damage or not, but it def feels like it.

Umm. Mike and Shawn came to visit today, and that was nice. Our friendships have been strained numerous times, but its still there, and thats always a good thing. I really do miss them on occasion, so it was really nice to see them and catch up and everything. And reminscing about old times. As much as I love the present, sometimes I really do miss the past. Sometimes I really wish I could go back. But I do love the present. Ah. It's hard to explain.

I am going to take some classes at SMCC this semester. I am taking some online classes because attendance is really hurting my grades, and with online classes I can do my work even if I am sick in bed. So I think its a good plan. Because I really don't want to give up school, no matter how hard it really is most of the time.

Ok, thats it for now. <3


  1. I hear you. It does feel like nothing ever helps. :( At least we aren't alone.
    Regarding your knee- I'm starting to be of the mind to always get it checked out. I twisted my ankle (which I've done a million times) and I wrapped it but kept walking on it for 6 weeks before I broke down and went to the doctor. I thought it just kept hurting because of Fibro, not because it was really hurt... anyway I'm now on week 6 or 7 in a boot from knee to tip of my toes with a cane... I stress fractured my leg, completely tore my ligament all the way through and bruised the inside of my ankle bone (which they say can take up to a year to heal). I wonder how much of that would have been prevented if I just got medical treatment up front...So... I've decided it's probably a good idea to always get things checked out, even if they seem minor.

    Quick question- does taking Lyrica during the day make you tired? I'm figuring they are going to up my dose when I go in next week, but I've been so exhausted from taking it at night, I'm a little worried about during the day.
    *gentle hugs*

  2. I had a bad experience with Lyrica when it first came out. It made my pain worse and my Doctor just told me to keep taking it because, he said, it hadn't started working yet. That was a month or two into it. I also had complained about my gums and tounge swelling. My Doctor didn't think it was related to the medication and told me to keep taking it. Lyrica didn't have a website at that time, no comercial etc. After about 4 months a commerical came on TV for Lyrica. When it listed the allergic reactions, I knew I had been right all along - I was allergic to it. When I told my Doctor about this, he told me I had been having re-bound pain, caused by taking Lyrica.

    Have you thought that you may be having re-bound pain too?