Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Savella and Pain Update

Ok. So here is an update on I've been feeling and such lately.

The Savella has been interesting. When I first went up to full dose, I had weird side effects, and what I called a "shifty" feeling. It was a really horrible day. But it got better and started to go away, so I felt better and continued the dose.

I feel like the Savella is helping with the pain. I really do. It was rainy here the past couple of days and even that didn't make immense pain like it usually does. It could be a coincedence, but I really don't think it is. And even on normal days, I don't feel as much pain. I am still sore, but not really in pain as much, if that makes any sense.

The problem I have found with stopping the Cymbalta to switch to Savella though has been my emotions. I'm like a rollercoaster. Not an extreme one though. But sometimes I just seem to get really anxious or whatever, and up freaking out/crying. I've always had anxiety though, and I think the Cymbalta was helping it. The Buspar I'm on doesn't seem to do much of anything for my anxiety anymore. But I don't like these random crying "fits," they aren't like me at all.

So there's the update on how I've been feeling and such. Have a doctor appointment tomorrow. Dr. Winn wants to check my fibro tender points and see if the Savella is helping, and he is gonna give me some free samples of it to save me money. I'm so glad he's so good with giving me samples!

That's it for now...hope everyone is doing well! <3

1 comment:

  1. Thats great that its helping with the pain...be thankful and count your blessings...I am so happy to hear that the pain has eased up, sore is a helluva lot better than pain anyday. Tell good ol' Dr Winn what you said here about your emotions, maybe he can help you on that too.

    Now GET SOME REST!!! ;-) ((hUGGs)) xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxooxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete