Sunday, May 22, 2011

Rain, rain, go away...

It's been raining here for the past week and is supposed to for at least another week as well. This rain is killing me. Not only am I in lots of pain, but I also have wicked fatigue, to the point where it's hard to stay awake. I've had it now for a few weeks, but of course the rain is making it even worse.

This having no energy thing is harder for me then the pain. I feel as if I can't do anything at all. Even sitting up on the couch for too long is hard on me. Dan and I really need to be doing some cleaning as we have friends coming over tomorrow night, but where is the energy for that?

I am so tired I just feel like crying. Like all the time. It's really messing with my emotions and it's driving me absolutely crazy. I don't know what to do. I really take Vitamin D3 and a B complex. I take iron as well. I don't know what else to do or try.

Anyone have any advice?

4 comments:

  1. The only supplement that has consistently helped me with energy(when i remember to take it) is D-Ribose.I tried it in capsule form first and now i buy it in bulk powder form from ebay :)

    Gentle hugz.......michelle j.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you actually had your b12 and iron levels (esp. feretin- the stores of iron) checked? I take b12 2 x day, but I had to get weekly mega-shots for 6 weeks to get my levels up where they needed to be and the oral supplements could work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think there are any real quick-fixes for gaining energy out there. The most effective way is to very gradually build up your tolerance to activities by doing things regularly and adding to it as you can. Walking, lifting weights, or any kind of activity will do, even if it's only for a few minutes a day. It boosts confidence, too. I know this is easier said than done, but when I do keep up the Baby Steps workouts I do, I tend to feel better than when I let them go.

    Hope you feel better soon. In the meantime, try doing someting fun, just for you, to boost your mood. :) ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I was the only one who suffered when it rained..well at least thats how others would make me feel when they looked at me like I was crazy. The whole rain thing completely drains me too, but the only problem there is, I'm tired enough to pass out but this constant pain keeps me awake all the time. I have an issue with my vitamin D and B-12 levels as well, currently the doctor has me on otc supplements but doesn't seem too worried...hasn't ordered any more blood work to check it out. If you ever need someone to talk to or just someone to listen while you vent...feel free to shoot me a msg. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete